The other night we had an assortment of ingredients left in the fridge and weren't too keen on making a trip to the store for anything special. This recipe is what transpired and it was SO delicious we thought we'd share it with you for a spring inspiration for your Sockeye Salmon Shares.
Strawberry and Feta Sockeye Salmon
- 1 pound of Small Scales Seafood Sockeye Salmon (cut into portions)
- 4 T. coconut oil
- 2 c. fresh spinach
- one medium sweet onion, chopped
- 2 T. ginger, cut into small matchstick size pieces
- two cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 c. fresh strawberries, quartered
- 3/4 c. toasted walnuts (whole or pieces)
- 3/4 c. crumbled feta cheese
- balsamic vinegar-- ideally blackberry ginger infused!
- In a cast iron skillet heat 2 T. coconut oil and pan fry Small Scales Seafood Sockeye Salmon. Start flesh down for 2-3 minutes and then put skin down for about 2-3 minutes until done. As always, stop cooking when flesh just begins to flake and fat just begins to show.
- Meanwhile, in a cast iron skillet saute onions and ginger in remaining coconut oil until tender. Add garlic and spinach, cooking until spinach wilts.
- Add strawberries and walnuts to the saute, cooking just long enough to heat everything through.
- Arrange a bed of the spinach saute on each plate and place a salmon portion on each bed. Sprinkle feta on top and drizzle balsamic vinegar over the top.
Comment on this recipe if you have any questions or let us know how you enjoy it.