Alaska Sablefish Marinated with Acacia Honey
- 6 Alaska sablefish fillets (approx. 7 oz. each)
- 2 cups acacia honey
- 1 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup grapeseed oil
- 3⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- Fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Wilted Spinach or Pea Leaves
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 12 to 15 cups baby spinach, stems removed, or pea leaves
- Nutmeg, ground
- Fine sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, ground, to taste
In a pan, melt butter with garlic until butter turns golden brown. Add spinach and pinch of nutmeg, salt, and black pepper. Cook just until wilted.
Combine honey, soy sauce, grapeseed oil, and vinegar in a bowl. Stir and place black cod fillets in the bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
Preheat the oven to 450°F. Remove fish from marinade and season with salt and black pepper. Place fillets on a cookie sheet and cook in the oven until they have a golden/dark-brown hue and are cooked through, about 7 to 8 minutes.
Spoon wilted spinach or pea leaves equally between 6 plates, top with fillet and spoon some marinade over and around the fish.
Recipe courtesy of: https://www.alaskaseafood.org