Q: What's even better than a fillet of our Scrumptious Sockeye Salmon cooked for dinner . . .!?
A: SMOKED SALMON!
The bad news is we don't currently have smoked salmon for sale. BUT THE GOOD NEWS is we are planning on offering smoked salmon for sale in 2018 (starting with our 2018 Pre-Season Orders and shipping in September)! The other good news is that if you have a small smoker you can quite easily make your own smoked salmon!!!
Here is Kyle's straight forward, low fuss recipe.
We use a Little Chief smoker that we bought at the local hardware store and store-bought Alder or Applewood wood chips if we if we don't have any chips on hand. Smoking is an awesome way to use up your remaining Salmon Shares!
RECIPE FILLS ONE SMALL LITTLE CHIEF SMOKER
INGREDIENTS FOR HOMEMADE SMOKED SALMON
- 5 Small Scales Seafood Scrumptious Sockeye Salmon Fillets, frozen
- One Large Container of Fine Table Salt
- 1 Quart Water for Brine
- 3 T Brown Sugar
- 3T Maple or Birch Syrup
- Desired Spices to Taste (such as black pepper, chili powder, paprika, lemon pepper, cayenne pepper etc)
- 2-3 Quarts Water for Freshening
- One Large Bag of Wood Chips (alder, cherry, apple, etc.) Harvested yourself or purchased, our favorite is alder.
- Small Smoke House (homemade or purchased). We use a Little Chief!
DIRECTIONS FOR HOMEMADE SMOKED SALMON